What is a Credit Union?
The more you know about credit unions...
The more you'll want to join!
A credit union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative. It's a group that shares a common goal. They pool their savings together to lend to one another. Credit Unions were started to promote thrift and savings and they exist to serve their members, rather than to maximize profits. Our focus is to simplify your life, work in your best interest and help you achieve a strong financial future.
- We do our best to improve your financial life - we're owned by you.
- Your financial success comes before profits - we're a not-for-profit financial cooperative.
- Profits and bonuses are not given to our Board of Directors - they are volunteers whose job is to watch out for your interests.
- Helping you succeed financially is why we exist and we work to earn your trust.
- Safety and security of your funds is regulated by the National Credit Union Administration and insured up to $250,000 per account.